Travel, transport and tourism, what has changed since June 3rd

Travel, transport and tourism, what has changed since June 3rd

All the rules for getting around from June 3rd. The government's answers to frequently asked questions

Can I move out of the region?

Until June 2, 2020, travel outside of your region will only be allowed for work reasons, absolute urgency or for your own health reasons or for a close relative who needs it. Starting from June 3, it will again be allowed to move between different regions for any reason. Interregional travel may however be limited, only with state measures (decrees of the President of the Council of Ministers or ordinances of the Minister of Health), in relation to specific areas of the national territory, according to principles of adequacy and proportionality to the epidemiological risk actually present in these areas.

Are there any travel restrictions for those with respiratory infection symptoms and fever above 37.5 °?

Patients with symptoms of respiratory infection and fever (greater than 37.5 ° C) must remain at their home and limit social contacts as much as possible, by contacting their doctor.

Can anyone who is under quarantine measure move?

There is an "absolute ban" on leaving the home for those who are subjected to the quarantine because they have tested positive for the virus.

Will anyone who is outside their home, home or residence be able to return?

Yes. The decree provides that it is in any case allowed to return to your home, home or residence, even if it involves moving between different regions.

I am a civil protection volunteer: can I move from the municipality where I am currently to lend my activity in the field of emergency management?

Yes, the prohibition to move from the Region in which you are located does not apply to those who volunteer in the context of the National Civil Protection Service or who are in any case engaged as volunteers to face the ongoing health emergency (e.g., the volunteers of the Italian Red Cross), since these are activities comparable to those of work.

Can the voluntary operator of the universal civil service move for needs related to the performance of the service?

Yes, it can move, because these travel needs are comparable to the "working needs" which, according to the Dpcm, justify the move in the spatial and temporal areas required by the needs of the service.

Once I have returned to my home / home / residence, can I move out of the home / home / residence region again?

Until 2 June 2020, the movement between different Regions is allowed only in the cases in which they occur: proven working needs or absolute urgency or health reasons (see specific FAQ). Therefore, once you have returned to your home / home / residence even from another region, until the same date, you will no longer be allowed to move outside the borders of the region in which you are located, if you do not resort one of the legitimate reasons for moving above.

If I live in one region and work in another, can I go back and forth?

In these cases, the move is justified for working needs, if it is not possible to work from home or to take vacation or leave.

I am separated / divorced, can I go and see my underage children?

Yes. Travel to reach minor children with the other parent or in any case with the carer, or to take them with you, are also allowed outside the region. These movements must in any case take place in compliance with all the health requirements (persons in quarantine, positive, immunosuppressed etc.), as well as in the manner prescribed by the judge with the separation or divorce measures or, in the absence of such measures, as agreed between the parents.

Is access to public parks and gardens allowed?

Yes. Public access to parks, villas and public gardens is allowed, subject to strict compliance with the prohibition of any form of assembly and the interpersonal safety distance of one meter.

I have an underage child / am I taking care of a child or a person who is not completely self-sufficient, can I accompany him to a park, a villa or a public garden?

Yes, in the case of minors or people who are not completely self-sufficient, the presence of a companion for motor activities in parks, villas or public gardens is allowed. The obligation to maintain the safety distance or to wear the mask does not apply between cohabitants. As for non-cohabitants, the mask is mandatory as an alternative to observing the safety distance, except for minors under six years of age and in the event that its use is incompatible with the needs related to the specific disability of the subject.

Is it allowed to access and use the play areas for children?

Access of minors is allowed, even together with family members or other people habitually living together or assigned to their care, to play areas inside parks, villas and public gardens, to carry out recreational or outdoor activities in compliance with the lines guide of the department for family policies (annex 8 of the Dpcm 17 May 2020).

Is movement on the national territory allowed for the exercise of professions that require on-site operations, such as in the case of appraisals, topographical-cadastral surveys and / or measurements of land and / or buildings?

Yes, always in compliance with the current regulations on the containment of the infection. The reasons for the move, if outside the region of residence, must be linked only to work needs and in any case must be demonstrated, also by means of self-certification.

What are the rules for using public transport?

Access to public transport is contingent in order to guarantee the possibility of respecting interpersonal distancing. The use of a mask or other respiratory protective devices is mandatory. In detail, the rules relating to public transport are indicated in annex 14 of the dpcm 17 May 2020. The indications of the competent local authorities and of the personnel in charge of transport must also be followed.

What is planned for public scheduled transport?

In order to counter and contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, public transport activities by land, sea, rail, air, lake and inland waters are carried out, also on the basis of the provisions of the "Shared regulatory protocol for the containment of the spread of COVID-19 in the transport and logistics sector "of the sector signed on 20 March 2020, referred to in Annex 14 of the Presidential Decree of 17 May 2020, as well as the" Guidelines for information to users and organizational methods for containing the spread of COVID-19 ", as per attachment 15 of the same Dpcm.

Is it possible to use cars and other means of locomotion between non-cohabiting people?

Yes, provided that the same precautionary measures as for non-scheduled transport are respected: i.e. with the presence of only the driver in the front of the car and two passengers at most for each further row of rear seats, with an obligation for all passengers to wear the mask. The obligation to wear the mask can be waived only in the event that the car is equipped with a physical separator (plexiglas) between the front and rear row of the machine, in which case the presence of only the driver in the front row and one passenger for the rear row.

However none of these limits apply if the means are used only by cohabitants.

I have accompanied a sick person to the emergency department or emergency room (DEA / PS), can I wait while stationed in the waiting room?

No, accompanying patients to the emergency department or to the emergency room (DEA / PS) are not allowed to remain in the waiting rooms, unless different indications are given by the health personnel in charge.

I am a relative or acquaintance of a patient housed in a long-term care facility, or in an assisted healthcare residence (RSA), or in a hospice, or in rehabilitation facilities, for the elderly, self-sufficient and not, can I go to visit him? Access to these structures by relatives and acquaintances of the patients housed there is allowed only in the cases indicated by the Health Department of the structure itself, so it is necessary to inquire in advance with the Management to find out whether or not access is allowed and, if so, under what conditions.

What are the rules for traveling to and from abroad?

For information on traveling to and from abroad, it is advisable to consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.

What rules apply from June 3 for travel to and from abroad?

From 3 June, travel will be freely allowed for any reason to and from the following states:

– Member States of the European Union (in addition to Italy, they are Member States of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta , Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Hungary);
– States parties to the Schengen Agreement (non-EU States party to the Schengen Agreement are: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland);
– United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
– Andorra, Monaco;
– Republic of San Marino and Vatican City State.

From 3 June, people entering or returning to Italy from these countries will no longer be subject to sanitary surveillance and fiduciary isolation for 14 days, unless they have stayed in different countries in the 14 days prior to entry into Italy. For example, a person who enters Italy from France on June 14 will be subject to fiduciary isolation if he entered France from the United States on June 4, but will not be subject to isolation if the move from the United States to France occurred within on May 30 or if between May 31 and June 13 he stayed in Germany.
From 3 to 15 June, the same rules continue to apply to journeys to and from different states than those listed above, which until June 2 apply to all journeys to and from abroad (see previous FAQ). For more information, please consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.

How should cross-border workers behave?

Cross-border workers will be able to enter and leave, both by private means and public transport, from the territories concerned to reach their work place and return home. Cross-border worker means, in accordance with European legislation, any person who carries out a subordinate or self-employed activity in one State and who lives in another different State, to which he returns in principle every day or at least once a week. So, for example, a person who works in Switzerland and lives in Italy, provided that he usually returns to his home in Italy at least once a week.
Do foreigners have the same restrictions on travel as for Italians? Yes, the restrictions are valid for all people present or who intend to enter or leave the Italian territory, regardless of their nationality.

Questions and answers taken from the Prime Minister's website .

This is a machine translation from Italian language of a post published on Start Magazine at the URL on Sun, 07 Jun 2020 08:27:27 +0000.